This pie crust recipe is practically foolproof, even if you’ve never made a crust before.
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour, (or gluten-free flour)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tbsp sugar (optional)
- 4 oz unsalted butter, (cold)
- 4 oz cream cheese, (cold)
- Add flour, sugar and salt into the bowl of your food processor. If you are making the crust for a savory dish leave out the sugar.
- Cut butter and cream cheese into cubes.
- Add to the flour mixture; pulse just until moist clumps form.
- Shape into disk by gently pressing the dough together. Do not knead or overwork the dough. It’s ok if you can still see chunks of butter and cream cheese.
- Wrap and chill until ready to use.